Northeast Shores is the local community development corporation that creates a better North Shore Collinwood for everyone to live, work, and visit. We are proud to serve this mixed income, mixed race neighborhood located on the shores of Lake Erie. We are a non-profit organization that increases homeownership in the neighborhood and helps entrepreneurs bring their business ideas to market. Over the last 10 years, our activities have resulted in over $44 million in neighborhood investment.
Northeast Shores is seeking a Business Development Specialist who will develop beneficial relationships with existing neighborhood businesses and recruit new businesses to locate in the neighborhood.
The Business Development Specialist will
- Contact existing businesses via telephone and own vehicle on a continuous basis to promote neighborhood connections.
- Promote availability of vacant space to new businesses through cold calling, setting appointments, personal contact and site visits.
- Direct and perform analysis on potential new businesses and budding entrepreneurs.
- Develop various initiatives to improve entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Maintain property owner relations through setting appointments and servicing property owners via telephone, correspondence and personal contact.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) from a four-year college or university; and less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate must have access to a personal vehicle.
This position is a full-time salaried position with benefits. The annual salary for this position is $30,000 to $34,000 depending on qualifications. This position is exempt from overtime compensation.
If you are interested in becoming part of a high performing, mission based nonprofit organization, please forward a resume and cover letter by December 27 to Brian Friedman, Northeast Shores, 317 East 156th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44110, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax number is 216-481-7660. No phone calls please.