Northeast Shores Development Corporation
Northeast Shores is the local community development corporation that creates a better North Shores Collinwood for everyone to live, work, and visit. We are proud to serve this mixed income, mixed race neighborhood located on the shores of Lake Erie. We are a non-profit organization that increases homeownership in the neighborhood and helps entrepreneurs bring their business ideas to market. Over the last 10 years, our activities have resulted in over $44 million in neighborhood investment.
Northeast Shores is seeking a Program Assistant who will provide support for organizational staff in the implementation of various community-based, arts-related programs and initiatives. This position is a wonderful opportunity for someone trying to break into the fields of community development and/or arts administration.
The Program Assistant will:
- Assists in grant-writing and reporting for grant proposals as needed.
- Prepares various reports for staff on program progress and outcomes.
- Assists in quality assurance.
- Maintains consistent and accurate reporting of activities.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar as well as schedules appointments, meetings, and events as requested.
- Answers multi-line telephone system and transfers calls to appropriate person.
- Greets and screens incoming visitors in a professional manner and notifies appropriate person of their arrival.
- Maintains an extensive filing system for correspondence, business matters, and other related data.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from a four-year college or university. No experience necessary but evidence of writing ability may be requested before a hiring decision is made.
This position is a full-time hourly position with benefits. The hourly rate for this position is $10 per hour. This position is being offered for a one-year period that will likely not renew at the end of the term.
If you are interested in becoming part of a high performing, mission based nonprofit organization, please forward a resume and cover letter to Brian Friedman, Northeast Shores, 317 East 156th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44110, or email to email@example.com. Fax number is 216-481-7660. No phone calls please.